5 CLASSES FOR BARISTAS AT COFFEE FEST NEW YORK
Coffee Fest New York is the perfect opportunity for baristas to learn new skills and improve their craft. With a wide range of classes available, there is something for everyone, from beginners to advanced baristas. Here are the top 5 classes that baristas should take at Coffee Fest New York in March:
- Hands On Barista Training: Latte Art Train the Trainer - This 2-hour, six-person per-trainer workshop will give baristas hands-on experience with pouring latte art, troubleshooting areas of improvement, and developing tools to be able to coach employees and coworkers successfully. The workshop is led by Paul Schlader from Birch Coffee, and Terika Raak from Caffe Umbria, and takes place on Sunday, March 05, 2023 from 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM.
- Coffee Sensory Skills: Understanding Taste and Developing Aroma - This workshop will teach the basic theory behind taste and aroma, as well as exercises designed to help baristas build their skills to assess coffee’s quality. The workshop is led by Tim Heinze from Sucafina Specialty and takes place on Monday, March 06, 2023 from 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM.
- Selling Coffee a Bag at a Time: Guiding Customers to a Purchase - This practical and fun session will focus on guiding customers to a great coffee-buying experience one bag at a time. Baristas will learn strategies and approaches to sell coffee in a meaningful and authentic way that makes sense to them. The session is led by Jesse Harriott, Co-Founder of Copper Horse Coffee and takes place on Monday, March 06, 2023 from 11:00 AM - 11:45 AM.
- Hands On Barista Training: Alternative Milk Steaming Science + Latte Art - This 90-minute workshop will give baristas an overview of alternative milks and how they perform compared to cow's milk, as well as tips and tricks for working with and getting the best from alternative milks. Baristas will also have hands-on time at the machines to explore steaming, foaming, and frothing. The workshop is led by an experienced barista trainer from Pacific Barista Series™ and takes place on Monday, March 06, 2023 from 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM.
- Hands On Barista Training: How to Dial in Espresso Based on Roast Profile - This workshop is designed to help baristas better understand the process and importance of dialing in espresso. Baristas will learn how to manipulate variables in the brewing process to affect the espresso, and will spend time analyzing the coffee based on roast profile, region, bean density, and coffee processing. The workshop takes place on Tuesday, March 07, 2023 from 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM.
These classes are a great opportunity for baristas to learn new skills and improve their craft. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced barista, there is something for everyone at Coffee Fest New York. Don't miss out on this opportunity to take your barista skills to the next level!