America's Best Espresso Competition is the tri-annual vehicle that will determine and acknowledge the three best coffee roasters in North America. Every other year, the top four from each of the previous six competitions will come together for the Grand Championship where America’s Best Espresso National Champion will be crowned.
See Who's Competing Below:
- Augie's Coffee - Redlands, CA
- Bangarang Coffee Roasters - Huntington Beach, CA
- Black Oak Coffee Roasters - Ukiah, CA
- Bluebeard Coffee Roasters - Tacoma, WA
- Coda Coffee - Denver, CO
- Common Room Roasters - Newport Beach, CA
- Coronation Coffee - Washington D.C.
- Crimson Cup - Colombus, OH
- Dr. Beans Coffee - Mephis, TN
- Dragonfly Coffee Roasters - Boulder, CO
- Elixr Coffee Roasters - Philadelphia, PA
- Lion Head Coffee - Granby, CO
- Little Amps Coffee Roasters - Harrisburg, PA
- Loyal Coffee - Colorado Springs, CO
- Open Seas Coffee - Stevensville, MD
- Pilcrow Coffee - Milwaukee, WI
- Vashon Coffee Company - Vashon, WA
- Windmill Coffee - Ames, IA
Final 4 will be TBD at Coffee Fest New York 2019
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A JUDGE?
Are you a coffee professional active in the industry? We’d be honored to have you come judge America’s Best Espresso competitions (ABE.) A maximum of nine judges will be selected. Judges MUST be at the ABE Competition Venue at 3:30pm on Friday for the judges’ orientation meeting and then at appointed times in the comp etition Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Applicants selected to judge the live competition that fulfill all judging obligations and are present for every match Saturday and Sunday will receive $100 gift card. ?
The competition is designed to evaluate a roaster's coffee which may be single ori gin or espresso blend.
1) Flavor Complexity/Balance
2) Mouthfeel & Appeal/Body